Instructor-Led Live/Online Classes
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE BEFORE STARTING:
- When you log into the meeting you will be able to see and hear the instructor. You can ask questions through the chat feature. If you have a camera and a microphone (different from computer speaker) you will have full features and will be able to hear and see the instructor.
- You can access the meeting via your computer, smartphone, or phone line.
- Zoom Launcher for PC: https://zoom.us/download#client4meeting
- Zoom app (For iOS or Android) (Not essential, but recommended for serviceability, stability, and reliability.)
- If your computer DOES NOT have a microphone (instructor will not be able to hear you and depending on your computer, you may not be able to hear instructor) in this scenario you will call-in so that you can hear the instructor.
- If your computer DOES NOT have a camera – the instructor will not be able to see you. That is okay. For this class, the most important part is that you are able to see and hear the instructor and ask questions. Again, through the chat feature, you can type questions to the instructor. They will monitor these and answer them.
- If you DO NOT have a computer – use your phone to call into the meeting
- If you are having technical difficulties email firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number, and tech support will get back to you.
- If for some reason you cannot join the meeting, we will work with you to provide you with class information, reply to this email if you cannot attend.
Please note: Zoom sessions may be recorded. Classes are recorded only for the use of records and archives, participates can turn off video if they do not want their face visible.
The following minimum Internet connection speeds are required:
- Download speed: 12 Mb/s
- Upload speed: 0.5 Mb/s (512 Kb/s)
- You can test the speed of your connection at the link: speedtest.net
- WiFi connections cannot deliver the consistency required for conferencing. Make sure you are able to connect directly to your router or cable modem via Ethernet cable.
Video conferencing with its multiple simultaneous video chats demands a good deal from your computer. The following platforms are required:
- Windows 7+
- Mac OS X 10.6+ (Snow Leopard or higher)
Upgrade your browser to the latest version:
Upgrade to the latest version of Flash Player:
Headset with Mic
- Plug in your headset before you begin the rest of the setup.
- Configure Your Computer’s Sound Settings
- Hotel Internet connections and WiFi at coffee shops (Starbucks, Coffee Bean, etc.) are not sufficiently fast for conferencing.
- Smartphones and tablets (such as iPhones and iPads) do support live conferences, however, 3G/4G/LTE/WiFi connections are not sufficiently reliable for participating in online sections. It is highly recommended you use a computer with a wired internet connection.